Why Should You Make This Recipe?
Why should you make this ranch dressing recipe at home? Because plain and simple, it’s really tasty, it’s really cheap, and it’s really easy.
Some buttermilk, some mayonnaise, and some ranch dressing packets are child’s play in the culinary world. So power down to your local grocery store and buy away.
Plus, read ahead for more details on this, but the recipe is taken from a professional chef at the famous Paulette’s Restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee. So you know if they’re using it there, that you’re doing it the right way!
How did I find This Recipe?
Alright, so my buddy worked for this famous restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee named Paulette’s Restaurant where they’ve been serving customers high quality meals for years. Let me tell you a bit about Paultte’s. They serve racks of lamb, fancy parfaits, and grilled filet mignon. By all account, they are fancy.
However, since the appearance you see in front of house doesn’t always corroborate with what’s going on in the back of the house, let me set the record straight! Paulette’s cuts major corners in their diner’s culinary experience. I’m talking about microwaved vegetables, days old bread, and a revolving door of head chefs and waiting staff alike who are all given the same two-step by management who seemingly refuses to set a proper work schedule.
I mean how hard is it to set a weekly work schedule on a Monday evening and stick to it for seven days? Even with 60% accuracy, that shouldn’t be too hard. But no, this restaurant has it out for all categorizations of human decency and integrity.
But I digress. My buddy gave me this recipe and another one, because far be it from him to have any sense of morals in an industry where they pay their hardest working employees minimum wage and don’t even give them the decency of a working, consistent schedule!
What This Recipe Can Do For You
Have you ever wanted to enhance your party hosting experience in a small, cheap, and immediately noticeable way? Because if you and your guests are fans of dipping y’alls chicken wings and appetizers in some creamy, zesty ranch dip, then look no further.
In Fact, you’ll be blown away by the powerful effect that enhancing one’s dipping sauces will have on your guest’s perspective of whatever event you happen to be hosting or attending! As a matter of fact, try the below recipe if you want the best, and highest quality results, and I guarantee at least one person who tries this recipe will remark on how different it tastes from generic store bought ranch dressing!
Although this recipe is simple, there are a couple of this you can do in order to optimize your flavors!
- First, although the recipe calls for 3.2 Oz of Hidden Valley Mixture, I used more, about twice as much, and it turned out excellent! The reason you may not want so much “Ranch” in your dressing is simply that I have a high tolerance for salt, so I prefer saltier dip! But, if you are like me, you can add more powder for more flavor.
- Second, make sure that you refrigerate your dressing since this product contains mayonnaise, and by extension it contains eggs. So, your food will spoil if left out overnight. Therefore, only take your dip out of the fridge onceyou are ready to serve, and it is a good idea to wrap your container in plastic wrap to reduce cross-contamination!
- Lastly, remember that the quality of your ingredients will 100% have a hearty affect on your end product. So, if you want better tasting ranch dressing, then it is a good idea to buy higher quality mayonnaise and buttermilk! In addition to the overall creamy quality of your ranch, you will notice that the freshness as well as the flavors will stand out more on your tongue.
Get Free Weekly Updates By Email!
Is Ranch Dressing Vegan?
Simply put, no. Why, you ask, is buttermilk not vegan? Simply put, veganism is defined by The Vegan Society as such:
Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
Thereby excluding our mixture from the tenets of veganism on the grounds that, with the use of buttermilk and eggs (in the mayonnaise), the consumption of this dressing you might be exploiting animals. So, I advise you to avoid this recipe and, instead, direct your search to one of the following links I’ve accumulated for your convenience:
Easy, Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Dip Recipe
- 3.2 Oz Package Original Hidden Valley Ranch (Flavoring)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- Simply add in your wet ingredients, then pour in the package of Original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mixture (which can be found near your regular ranch dressing in the grocery store). Lastly, mix the ingredients together thoroughly, and feel free to add more of the Hidden Valley Mixture until you are satisfied with the flavor!