I can’t emphasize enough how incredibly sad I am for those who see this recipe and don’t make it themselves at home. You need to make this recipe for yourself because it has an incredibly satisfying flavor that blasts any store bought blue cheese dressing out of the water.
You will be sitting there, like I was, after trying it for the first time thinking to yourself how you could have ever allowed someone to dupe you into eating that gluey, processed paste that most restaurants and brands pass for blue cheese dressing.
All hyperbole aside, I was genuinely happy for having discovered this recipe through a friend of mine, who learned it from a chef at the famous Paulette’s Restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee. Try it out and I guarantee you that no other dressing will satisfy you ever again.
Why Make Dressing at Home?
First off, you may be asking yourself,”why don’t I just buy Kraft brand blue cheese from the store? Will making it at home really be worth it?”. To which I reply, wholeheartedly and emphatically, yes it is worth it to make your own blue cheese dressing at home!
In fact, for such a (seemingly) insignificant dish in the grand scheme of your food preparations, this recipe packs a powerful punch to your taste buds that will leave you craving more.
Additionally, this lush dressing is so simple to make and is so generously more flavorful than any store brand dressing you can buy, that it seems foolhardy to serve your friends and family a generic, washed out version of this sauce.
Last of all, you there is nothing better to balance out the flavors of a sweet Memphis Honey-Gold Chicken Wing Sauce with than a slightly acidic blue cheese dressing!
Subscribe For Free!
But, I digress, since you are reading this recipe, which indicates you may want to give this recipe a try!
So, read below for all the glorifying details in the best damn homemade blue cheese dressing recipe that you can make quickly, and with simple ingredients!
Here is the recipe. Read below for more details on how I might improve upon this in the future, and how I went about measuring for the quantities listed.
How to Make Jaw-Dropping, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
It’s simple. Just take all of the dry and wet ingredients, measure them out, and mix them up in your mixing bowl!
Ingredients to Make the Dressing
Here are the ingredients and utensils you’ll need to make this recipe.
A table of the dry ingredients required to make blue cheese dressing.
|Ingredient||Imperial Quantity||Metric Quantity|
|Brown Sugar||1 Teaspoon||1.75 Grams|
|Kosher Salt||1 Teaspoon||3 Grams|
|Dry, Crushed Mustard||.5 Teaspoons||1 Gram|
|Crumbled Blue Cheese||5 Tablespoons||35 Grams|
|Powdered or Crushed Garlic||1 Teaspoon||2.8 Grams|
A table of the wet ingredients required to make blue cheese.
|Ingredient||Imperial Quantity||Metric Quantity|
|Worcestershire||1.5 Teaspoons||7.5 Milliliters|
|Regular Mayonnaise||1 Cup||355 Milliliters|
|Buttermilk||4 Tablespoons||60 Milliliters|
|Lemon Juice||1.5 Teaspoons||7.5 Milliliters|
|Distilled White Vinegar||2 Tablespoons||30 Milliliters|
A list of the utensils required to mix the dressing ingredients.
- Wire Whisk or Mixing Spoon
- Mixing Bowl, big enough to hold a pint or more. I always err on the side of more
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Scale. Optional, but I highly recommend it.
Best, Richest Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 1 Count Wire Whisk
- 1 Count Mixing Bowl Make sure your bowl can fit at least a pint
- 1 Count Measurement Spoons Cup, Tsp, Tbsp, Etcetera
- 1 Count Scale (Optional)
- 1/2-1 Tsp Brown Sugar Or, 1.75g
- 1 Tsp Salt Or, 3g
- 1/2 Tsp Dry, Crushed Mustard Or, 1g
- 5 Tbsp Blue Cheese (Crumbled)
- 1/2-1 Tsp Garlic Powder You can also use crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce Or, 5.25g
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp Buttermilk
- 1.5 Tsp Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed, always fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- Note: I include the weight in grams for many of the ingredients listed above since they are in such small quantities! However, if you do not have a kitchen scale, I included close measurements for use of standard kitchen measurements. Either is fine, and using a little too much or too little will not mess this recipe up!
- Simply take all of your dry ingredients, and add them to your bowl. Then, add in your wet ingredients and stir them with your wire whisk until they are creamy and wholly combined! But, please note that mayonnaise contains eggs, so you can over-whip them if you aren’t careful so please work slowly and deliberately.
Last of All
This recipe truly makes me happy, so please give it a try!
If you’re a skeptical person by nature, like me, then I’m sure you’re narrowing your eyes at my gargantuan claims of excellence!
However, since this recipe is so cheap and so indescribably tasty, I have no qulams insisting that you go out and make this recipe to try it for yourself.
If you hate it, then I understand and accept if you never want to return to Chicken Wings Blog again.
However, I’m sure you’ll love it, so it’s a win-win for both of us!